Saturday, August 20, 2011

Beans & Franks

At a recent Townhall meeting held by the President, a woman in the audience spoke up:

"I am a chief financial officer for a veteran service organization here in Washington. I'm also a mother. I'm a wife. I'm an American veteran and I'm one of your so-known middle class Americans. And quite frankly, I'm exhausted. Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for and am deeply disappointed with where we are right now. I've been told that I voted for a man who said he was going to change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I'm one of those people and I'm waiting, sir. I'm waiting. I don't feel it yet. And I thought I would feel it in some small measure. I have two children in private school and the financial recession has taken an enormous toll on my family. My husband and I have joked for years that we thought we were well beyond the hot dogs and beans era of our lives but quite frankly, it's starting to knock on our door and ring true that that might be where we're headed again. Quite frankly, Mr. President, I need you to answer this honestly. Is this my new reality?"

 

Looking at the way Obama has administrated things this year and 9 months, everything is exactly as planned.  Meanwhile, the Obamas are living high on the hog, are they not, traveling all over the world?  A vacation every other month?  Here's what Obama's answer was.

 

OBAMA:  The life you described, one of responsibility, looking after your family, contributing back to your community, that's what we want to reward.  Now, as I said before, times are tough for everybody right now.  So I understand your frustration.  There are a whole host of things that we've put in place that do make your life better, so my goal here is not to try to convince you that everything's where it needs to be.  It's not.  That's why I ran for president, but what I am saying is is that we're moving in the right direction.

 

I say, that's his answer?  That's why he ran for president, to put everything where it's not supposed to be?  So we middle class Americans are the ones with the responsibility of working and paying the tax load of the country so Obama's programs will have the cash to "spread the wealth around"?

 

Well i say, Obama studied Marx, and now he are one................

No comments: